Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2013

The dreaded school holiday

Any parent or career, actually anybody with kids in their family, knows that the kids summer holiday can be a stressful, and enjoyable, long six weeks. Today is the last day that my kids are at school and then tomorrow we start the holiday season whoop, not.
This summer holiday is going to be different as usually I plan loads of adventures for me and the kids but since I have been diagnosed with pots, some days I have no energy and due to my dizziness I find it hard to get out. 

This year is going to really be different for me and the kids and I’m quite worried on how it will affect us as a family, I am going to try my best to get out. I’m secretly hoping it rains a lot so I can blame us not going out on the rain but knowing my luck we will have a whole summer of heat wave. My son is 7 and quite vocal when he is bored and I’m really worried that if I have a bad pots day he will become annoyed and think I’m a boring mum I really don’t want ruin their school holiday.

I will keep you guys posted on our summer experience but if any off my fellow POTSIES’ have any advice for me it would be much welcomed.

Wish me luck I’ve got a feeling I will need it. 

2 comments:

  1. Understand your concern. I have a 12 year old and our holiday started last month. I used to take her everywhere, but currently am so bad, I can't drive or do much of anything. She has complained about how boring her summer has been. I have tried to have her grandparents drive her to friends and some activities. Only thing I can suggest is try to do some things at home with them. I let her stay up late and sleep in. And I try to remember when I was a kid I survived staying at home all summer. I just hope that next summer will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am hoping that next summer is better as well as just like you i am unable to drive or walk very far and the dizzyness limits what i can do. I am going to get some art and crafts stuff and do some baking but i know this will only keep them busy for a while before they want to go out.

      Delete