Pages

Friday 26 July 2013

My Pots and Af symptoms

I thought I would do a blog about the symptoms that I get from pots and AF, and the way that they affect my life.
My worst symptoms from pots are definitely the chronic dizziness and the brain fog. Both of these symptoms are horrible and after speaking to many other pots suffers, they seem to be quite common symptoms that some people have had for a long time. I am really hoping that if my doctors put me on different medications then it will help with my dizziness, as being dizzy can at times make me feel like I don’t want to go out the house, as I don’t feel normal and at times it can make me isolated. When I talk to people I feel spaced out at times and have to really concentrate to listen to what people are saying. All of this combined makes my anxiety just that much worse.
I have recently started suffering really badly from chest pain, which at times can be really scary and, when I have it can result in me attending A&E or calling out the paramedics. The reason why I get scared is because I think ‘how do you know that when you are getting chest pain it’s just a pots symptom and not really something else wrong?’  Actually, with all of the pots symptoms I have, I get concerned that one day I am going to have real emergency and just think it a pots symptom.
While these are my main two symptoms I do also suffer from a low heart rate, tiredness and heat intolerance combined with the inability to walk far without more dizziness and feeling faint.
With regards to my Atrial Fibrillation, my heart will race and become completely irregular. I will get palpitations that feel like my heart is stopping and starting and missing beats. The strange thing is I only really go into AF when I am about to go to sleep or resting. This makes me really scared at night which means that I have nights where I rely on my TV (which may I add is rubbish after 12.00) to keep me company.

As mentioned as I asked my fellow Pots suffering Facebook friends what their main symptoms where and a lot of them had the same symptoms as me, including my AF ones.  So I can’t help but wonder if Pots has bought on my irregular heart rate.  There are so many other symptoms apart from the dizziness, palpitations, chest pain, feeling faint, tiredness and insomnia but these are the mains ones. But let me know if there are other symptoms you feel are worse or maybe don’t bother you as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment