Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2013

good days and bad days

The last few days have been difficult, stressful and strangely good. Over the weekend I started a new medication called ivabradine, which is supposed to help with my pots symptoms, but instead it made my heart rate really low and made me so dizzy I was really scared. I think I was so excited to take the medication in the first place as my Pots nurse said some people had good success rate’s on it, that I really believed that this tablet was going to cure me. Very naïve I know ;). When it didn’t work I just remember going back into the mood of feeling sorry for myself again, like the world was against me. Thinking ‘why me’. I know there are people out there that have much worse issues than me, but when my pots is really bad I tend to over react at times.

So, first thing on Monday I emailed my nurse and she tells me to hold off on the ivabradine, while she consultants with my cardiologist,  these are the third tablet that have lowered my heart rate so I don’t know what they will try now but I will try anything.
I have read on the Pots Facebook page that swimming is a really good form of excises so I decided to give it a go. So I dragged my sister to my local pool to it a try. And I must say I loved it. I felt weightless and pots free for the first 45 minutes that I could last in the pool (yes when I came out I felt the pressure run to my legs and I felt dizzy but I didn’t care, I was still high after my swimming experience..)

So after a positive morning swimming I decided to test my luck and go food shopping, something I had not been able to do for a long time due to my dizziness and my inability to walk far. But I am happy to say it went well and I feel extremely proud of myself. It is very weird, a few months ago shopping was just a part of my daily routine and now it is like a big accomplishment. I feel like I want to shout from the roof tops that I had a good pots day. (I know over exaggeration again but I really am proud).


I actually started the blog today after these events as I felt that I wanted to tell other suffers of Pots that while we all have really bad days when we do have a good day we should embrace it and feel proud of the small steps we make. I don’t know how I will feel tomorrow I might well pay for my adventures today but I am feeling just a titch bit more positive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment