Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

my week so far

Hey guys
So today I’m writing about how my week has been so far. So on Monday I had an appointment with my cardiologist and he has booked me in for ablation on my heart in 16 weeks. I am excited and nervous, both at the same time.in a way I am hoping that it relieves the AF , but on the other hand, I’m also worried because I have been made aware that there can be complications with the procedure. I have spoken to my pots friends on the pots Facebook about ablation, and thankfully the majority of those that have had ablation have found it helpful, so I am hopeful that it will help improve my life. I am also lucky that I have an amazing cardiologist and nursing team, whom I completely trust with my life, which does give me some comfort.
The kids also went back to school on Monday Whoop Whoop. I am really pleased with myself that I got through the school holiday as I have been suffering really bad with my pots at the moment,  but with the help of a young careers group, we actually had a really good holiday
Then on Wednesday I started to feel, well basically like crap. I spent two days in hospital which just made me feel even worse to be honest. So for the second time in two weeks I have come down with sickness, blurred vision and headaches. I went to A&E and the doctors were really good, apart from one who, when I was explaining what POTS was looked at me like ‘well you look fine’ and I just felt like I had had enough of people saying that. Yes I may look fine on the outside because I smile but on the inside I am crumbling.
The ‘good’ doctors decided that I needed to go for an MRI (as an outpatient) and have appointments with the neurologist and at the epilepsy clinic. This really scares me. Like REALLY, as my dad died at age 38 of epilepsy and a heart attack, and I just feel as though history might repeat itself.
I just feel like since I have been diagnosed with pots my health is just getting worse and worse. I am trying to be strong for myself but at this time, it is really hard.

On a brighter note, I am out of hospital and back at home with my children .hopefully I will now start to stop feeling sorry for myself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment