Pages

Thursday 29 August 2013

Bad experience with alcohol


I thought I would write this as a blog page not only to share my experience with you, but to also to remind myself that next time I want to have a few too many wines, then to think of the consequences.
Before I was diagnosed with pots I will openly admit that I liked to have a few glasses of wine a week. But since I have been diagnosed with pots I have not really drunk at all, except for the odd half a glass of wine.
So on Thursday I went to do my shopping and noticed that my favorite wine was on special offer which is a very rare thing, actually since I have had pots all my favorite wines have had special offer deals which have slowly been tempting me to purchase them. So I decided that I would buy the wine and I could keep it the fridge for when I had friends over.
As I sat down in the evening I remembered that I had the wine in the fridge so I thought I would have a small glass and that would be it. But that one glass turned me greedy and that glass turned into 3 glasses, I know I am very greedy.
After I finished the 3rd glass I realised what I had done and tried to drink as much water as possible to try and re hydrate myself.
This did not work the next day when I woke up I felt horrible and not the normal hangover horrible. I was really dehydrated and felt really sick and dizzy I’m telling you guys it was completely like no hang over I had ever felt before.
I’m not going to say that I will never have a drink again but what I will say is that I will stop at one or two .and drink a lot of water in between.


Has anyone else had any good or bad situations with alcohol if you let me know  

2 comments:

  1. Recently being DX with POTS I had no idea not to drink so I learned the hard way. First let me say that for the last year or so I drank about 4 to 5 times a week. I was more of a beer drinker(IPAs) or cocktails. When I had a POTS attack I stopped drinking BC I was sick and just didn't want it. Never knew we should not drink. UNTIL that following week. A big stressor hit out house and I took to a nice cold IPA, one turned into 5 and then I turned into bed. About 4 hours later my body was on FIRE, my heart pounding, and my feet blue and freezing. Strangest feeling to be so freaking hot but ohh so cold at the same time. My face and skin was so red even my BF was worried.( Keep in mind he thinks I am bi-polar and POTS is not real) It lasted all night long. I slept downstairs for fear of even standing up to get up the stairs might make my heart explode. Have NOT touched a drink since. Maybe just maybe my liver is the only one happy about POTS.. LOL So sorry you went thru that, I have been there and suffered that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad too know it is not just me who can drink any more. I am so happy that i have gone through my teenage and party years so i dont feel so bad about not being able to have any more wine lol

    ReplyDelete