Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

sorry its taken so long

                                Up date
I have not updated my blog for a couple months due to reason I will explain, so I thought I would start with a update on what I have been up to.
My pots has up in till last month been really bad, I was collapsing up to 4 times  a week, I was contently dizzy and my chest pain was starting to scare me as at times it was so bad. There were times I could not leave the house as I was just so dizzy. My GP was really good and decided it was time I got a wheel chair to help me get out the house and help me with the collapsing(I do not need to use this all the time just when I need it). She also referred me to the occupation therapies. The OT has been really good and order me some equipment such as a kitchen high stool and bath rack and mattress attachment which raises my mattress to help me get out of bed and also help with the dizzyness. I am actually surprised how much of a difference these equipment’s make, I feel that I can now have a not normal but better quality of life.
Due to me collapsing more regularly I went back to see my cardiologist who suggested that we try out ivabradine again (for those of you who read my blog will know this medication is used mainly In the uk to help with pots). I am on a low dose and it is also helping to reduce my symptoms while it does not fully take away my pots symptoms it does help take the edge of.
One of the reason I didn't write any blogs in the last few months is I started a new job which as well as going to university was extremely time consuming and made me drained most of the time. I was so determine to work that I didn't think of the effects it would have on my body. I was ill most days and would struggle to work with the consent dizziness. After 4 month I woke up one morning and my pots was really bad my heart rate was through the roof, I think my body just had enough. I spoke to my GP and decided that right now my body just could not cope with working and studying, and that collapsing at work was a health risk, so I decided give the job up. I have not been working a week now and I feel a bit better, im defiantly not so tired and my chest pain a little less painful.
With regards to university I think I am going to take a year out to try and get my pots under control I think at times I push my body to hard and don’t realise my body is not the same as it was last year. I am consistently walking around dizzy and with brain fog and at times it make’s me really depressed. I have also decided to give anti depressions another go as right now I am  not feeling myself at all. I don’t want to go out because of the dizziness and the fear I will collapse. So I am hoping these might just help me regain some of my confidence.
I have also decided to add some light exercise into my life as I have spoken to many individuals on the pots facebook sites and many highly recommend so light exercises.

Any way I will let you guys know how the exercise goes and I promise I will try and update my blog more regularly. I hope everyone who reads my blog is having a lovely weekend xx  

1 comment:

  1. sending hugs no this feeling ivabradine helps me 2 but made me feel pretty ill :( enjoying reading ur blog xxx

    ReplyDelete